Deep Breath, Slow Down

Well it has been a VERY busy two weeks so let’s start at the beginning:
Everything started with the 8th and Ken’s parent’s getting in from Minnesota for the baptism, then on the 9th my dad, step mom and sister… with Ken and I taking them and Trinity and heading out to dinner at the Mongolie Grill (omg soooo good!!!), the 10th was Trinity’s baptism with all 5 grandparents there, family members from my mom’s side and numerous friends… then to our house for lunch which led to dinner and a nice late night visit with the last few people… dad and Jamie left for Calgary that afternoon and Ken’s folks flew out crack of dawn the 11th… Esther headed back home on the 11th as well and we were left with my sister Kat for a couple of days… night of the 12th we had Cousin David and Ted over for dinner and games with Kat… 13th we left for a busy day in Calgary… stopping first at Uncle Brian and Aunty Lynne’s to meet up with my dad and Jamie then out for a yummy lunch and A & W and a tiny bit of shopping at Walmart… off to Uncle Vincent and Stacey’s to see their twins (who are about the same age as Trinity if you figure in their being born early a few weeks before her) and almost ALL of our family including some cousins, their kids and my grandma and grandpa Bill… we even had a surprise mystery guest in the form of Aunty Becky and Uncle Lyle who were not supposed to be there originally… we stayed as late as we could and then left Kat with the crew and headed over to Kathy’s to finally see her new place and spend the night! That led to Emaneul being sick 3 or more times and Ken being my hero by dealing with it… the morning of the 14th Kathy and Trinity and I headed out for some relaxing shopping – for Trinity of course… then after lunch and Emanuel’s nap we headed over to my brother’s to meet up with dad, Jamie and Kat, see Holly and finally meet our nephew Jimmie who has moved here from Texas… since they live in a small basement suite so we headed off to a nearby park for some play before heading off back home after saying my usual tearful goodbyes…
You would think it ended then but NO – Friday Ken was right back to work and late that night Karyn came over… Saturday morning we did some shopping and then Karyn and I got Oodle Noodle Box take out – rather yum… we spent the afternoon/evening quietly with Ted joining us and Karyn heading home before the evening was over… Sunday was our final big busy day – back to Camrose for church at 10 am at our old church, lunch with mom (Taco Bell/KFC) and then pictures at Walmart and finally the afternoon hanging out at my mom’s while the boys played… 5pm we went to Superstore to shop and then meet up with Christine to go over to HER new place for pizza and a long visit… then back home with me on my way to being ill.. Monday Ken was home working since I was basically out of it… and then finally life back to relative normal on Tuesday!! Course I am AGES behind on emails, Facebook… etc but we are home for the time being! Though we did find out one of the cousin’s had a little one with hand-mouth-foot disease… she was misdiagnosed by TWO doctors (poor baby… though at least it was not a huge suffering sort of illness) and so far only one of the other little ones has come down with it.. I am keeping an eye on the kiddos but so far so good. I have been feeling off but figure that is just something connected to whatever Emanuel had (that I forgot to mention led to both of the twins throwing up Friday…)… optimism right?
I think we are just glad to BE HOME… now I just have to plan the rest of the month and figure out some playdates etc for the boys… Not to forget about Trinity’s 4 month appointment next week and her shots coming up as well… where does the time go?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *