This is our first year learning about Independence day… so we are going rather topical and trying to see a broad picture and get a handle on a holiday that is 100% new to us! We had 3 different files we used… Currclick has a great speedy lapbook from homeschool bits HERE. It is just 1.00. We also used Gift of Curiosity’s site HERE. The Simple Homeschool also has a file we found a while ago. You can access their site HERE. Lulu Marketplace also has a freebie HERE.
- Activity Village has a selection of printables etc on their site HERE.
- Lots of great stuff on Lapbook Lessons HERE.
- Mini book with DLTK HERE.
- I have a collection on Education.com for Independence Day HERE. I will rate all the ones I use before the end of our unit.
- A free file from 2 Teaching Mommies HERE.
- LapbookLessons is also very helpful HERE.
- Maps on Free US and World Maps.com HERE.
- Cute journalling pages thanks to Education to the Core HERE.
- The Little Sewing Shop has a way to make your own firework like thing HERE.
- We made flag fans by decorating paper and then doing an accordion fold before stapling the base.
- I cannot find the instructions anymore, but we made fireworks on paper using paint, a plastic lid and a hammer… you put globs of paint on the paper (we used poster board), place a plastic lid on top of it and smack it with a hammer… SPLAT firework!
- We made patriotic shakers (well they would have been if the kids had stuck with red white and blue)… two plastic cups, with beads inside, use a coloured masking tape to tape them together and decorate with stickers. Thanks to Lakeshore Learning store for that free craft! (HERE is the store site)
- Independence Day by Helen Frost HERE
- Independence Day by Marc Tyler Nobleman HERE
- Red, White, and Boom! by Lee Wardlaw HERE
- Celebrate Independence Day by Deborah Heiligman HERE
- Independence Day by Elaine Landau HERE
- Independence Day by Ann Heinrichs HERE
- Calendar Mysteries: July Critters by Ron Roy HERE
- Independence Day Crafts by Mary Berendes and Jean Eick HERE