I promise to catch you up on all the goings on, but I also promised the family NO HOMESCHOOLING for a week or so… which in turn means I keep the laptop (where I post ALL entries here from) off and myself occupied with kids, toys and of course massive amounts of crochet!!! I really need to post some pictures now that we are done handing out most of the gifts!! Anyway! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from our family to yours!!!
Mondays, as we get closer to Christmas and further along in Advent get more and more red and green and festive. This year I am doing a combination of secular and religious worksheets, books and shows. So much colouring!
And later in the day – special cookie making time with Daddy!! Mommy and Daddy had an anime date with a new/old Facebook friend, his daughters and another couple. So of course I wanted to bring one of our homemade goodies… SUGAR COOKIES!
I just realized I got my timeline wrong – on the last entry (HERE) I said we DECORATED the tree… when in actuality we ASSEMBLED the tree and flared out the branches. TODAY we put our Canadian ornaments out on display and it was so much fun!!!!!
Of course on Tuesday it was time to see Santa… something you can relive HERE.
We had planned on this unit months ago but time just kept getting away from us. But we persevered and got around to getting some facts straight and seeing some of the interesting bits of the state we now call home. We now know that St. Paul is the capital, that there are like a 100 species of fish in our lakes AND that calcium based products have always played a role of importance around here. But anyway, to share the resources…
- 1 2 3 Minnesota by Puck HERE
- Minnesota by AV2 (an enhanced book) HERE
- I Spy with My Little Eye Minnesota by Kathy-Jo and Ed Wargin HERE
- Hooray for Minnesota Lakes! by Paul Lowrie and Bret Nicholaus HERE
- Minnesota Facts and Symbols by Bill McAuliffe HERE
- Welcome to the U.S.A. Minnesota by Ann Heinrichs HERE
- From Sea to Shining Sea Minnesota by Judy L. Hasday HERE
- Minnesota by Amy Van Zee HERE
- Minnesota by Niels R. Jensen HERE
- Scholastic Encyclopedia of the United States by Judy Bock and Rachel Kranz HERE
- Mini-State Lapbook Minnesota found on Currclick HERE
- State Study Notebooking pages FREEBIE! We used page 2 HERE by Notebooking Nook
When we couldn’t focus on our studies on Minnesota directly each morning I had the boys search through the above books and find facts about the state to write on their own piece of lined paper that will be included in the lapbook as well. We read the 1-2-3 book and Hooray for Minnesota Lakes! together as a family and drew pictures of our favourite parts.