We have enrolled Emanuel in the Little Passports series and one of our monthly mailings was EGYPT. We couldn’t just look at what came in the mail so it morphed into time to make a poster about this rather intriguing country! I hope our resources and findings are helpful!
- Ten Little Mummies by Philip Yates HERE
- Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble by Judy Schachner HERE
- A Look at Egypt by Helen Frost HERE
- How the Sphinx Got to the Museum by Jessie Hartland HERE
- Egypt ABCs by Sarah Heiman HERE
- You Wouldn’t Want to be Tutankhamen! by David Stewart HERE
- Ancient Egypt by Cynthia Klingel and Robert B. Noyed HERE
- Eyewitness Pyramid by James Putnam HERE
- Everything Ancient Egypt by Crispin Boyer HERE
- Eyewitness Ancient Egypt by George Hart HERE
- Ancient Egypt Beyond the Pyramids by Kathleen W. Deady HERE
- Egypt in Pictures by Jeffrey Zuehlke HERE
- Miriam and Her Brother Moses by Jean Marzollo HERE
- Ms. Frizzle’s Adventures Ancient Egypt by Joanna Cole HERE
- Who Built the Pyramid? by Meredith Hooper HERE
- Mummies in the Morning – a Magic TreeHouse mystery by Mary Pope Osborne HERE
- Virtual Reality 3D Tomb Tours HERE though we could not get it to run on our laptop. If someone could figure it out I would love a head up on how they did it!!!
- A series of the Eye of Ra images. I needed them for my part on one of mini books HERE thanks to Waktattoos.com
- Ducksters’ Egypt Map HERE, Odyssey’s map HERE
- A mini book with the current Egyptian flag from Activity Village HERE.
- Ancient Egypt wordsearch HERE (Activity Village)
- Ancient Egypt map colouring page HERE (Activity Village)
- Current flag colouring page HERE (Activity Village)
- Sphinx colouring page HERE (Activity Village)
- Pyramids colouring page HERE (Activity Village)
- Ancient Egyptian children colouring page HERE (Activity Village)
- Egypt colouring page on Education.com HERE
- List of Ancient Egypt worksheets on Education.com HERE
- Egyptian Pyramid model papercraft with Education.com HERE
- Make a Mummy papercraft HERE (Education.com)
- Ancient Egyptian beards… why? With Musiem HERE
- All about Egyptian gold… Live Science’s article on clues to the origins of it HERE. A comparison between Egyptian and Roman gold HERE. The Gold of the Pharaohs by Softpedia HERE.
- All about the Sphinx… why is it a half person half lion? Mentormob’s article HERE.
- Toothbrushing in Ancient Egypt! Including the use of cosmetics on The Alchemy Web Site HERE. Wiki Answers’ take HERE.
- What do Egyptians do for fun? Ask.com’s answer HERE. ThinkQuest’s answer HERE
First off, CrashCourse’s Ancient Egypt: Crash Course World History #4
The History of Ancient Egypt in 2 Minutes! Vsion 1.0 by Scott Powell, the History Guy
Ancient Egypt – The Mystery of the Sphinx by Plancheman100
Mystery of the Sphinx (this is part 1 you can find the rest by the same poster) by Pharaoh3000
SUGGESTED CRAFTS (we didn’t make it to doing these as light caught up with us)