A bit of a more difficult hunt finding out things about Mother’s Day. I lucked out with my lapbook. I had to join the Live and Learn Press Yahoo group and a member there was able to share the once easily attained freebie spoken about HERE.
For Trinity we did the “Are You My Mother?” lapbook. Something very simple and fun for a first lapbook. I found it HERE. I got an additional page from Obseussed HERE. A second matching baby and mommy picture.
Of course there were some choice Wiki pages we used for answering questions for the boys:
- Mother’s Day HERE
- Ann Jarvis (the mother the date was finally cemented for) HERE
- Anna Jarvis (the daughter) HERE
- Julia Ward Howe (the first person to really make the push for this day) HERE
- Mothering Sunday (a prior significant day in Britain) HERE
And a special page that was also suggested by a member of the yahoo group…
- DayForMothers.com HERE
- Colouring page and rhyme for Miss Trinity HERE
- Acrostic Poem HERE
- All About My Mom booklet HERE
- Trinity’s colouring page of choice HERE
- Mother’s Day Puzzles (we used the mazes) HERE
- Mother’s Day by Ann Heinrichs HERE
- T.Rex and the Mother’s Day Hug by Lois G. Grambling HERE
- Mother’s Day by Anne Rockwell (we also made the craft at the end of the story) HERE
- The Mother’s Day Mice by Eve Bunting HERE
- No Time for Mother’s Day by Laurie Halse Anderson HERE
- My Mother’s Voice by Joanne Ryder HERE
And a great short video on the history of Mother’s Day…
Oh and our DVD that included a Dora episode about Mother’s Day… Food With Friends HERE.